- This week there will be services for the Feast of Theophany. Vigil will be served Thursday night January 18th at 6pm. Divine Liturgy will begin at 7am the morning of January 19th. The blessing of the waters will follow Divine Liturgy.
- That being said-it is now time to sign up to have your house blessed by Father Martin. Please try to get your house blessed as soon as possible as Lent is approaching quickly this year and this is always a big undertaking for Father Martin. Please TRY to stick to the "geographic" guidelines for the day, but if this is not possible do not avoid signing up. If you do not find a time offered that works for you and your family, please speak to Fr Martin directly... we can work together to find a time that is right for you. You can sign-up for your house blessing at this site.
- We are making our annual collection for the Holy Land as requested by Archbishop KYRILL. This collection will continue every Sunday until January 29th. Checks can be made to Saint Herman of Alaska Orthodox Church with Holy Land in the memo. Please also list your family members on the sheet near the basket when you have made your donation. You will be commemorated at Divine Liturgies by those in the Holy Land.
- LADIES OF THE PARISH - mark your calendars for Saturday, March 17th, 11:30am to 2:30pm for the Ladies' Lenten Retreat. The retreat will be at Thalia Welch's home, sharing insight and inspiration from the book 'God's Path to Sanity' by Dee Pennock. Fr Martin is recommending this book for our study and discussion - it is an approachable guide toward the teachings of the holy fathers of the Orthodox Church on the nature and the healing of the soul. The book can be ordered through Amazon or Ancient Faith Publishing... best to order it soon so you have time to read and digest it before our retreat. We will enjoy a potluck Lenten lunch as well.
- Please sign up to host Fellowship for the first quarter of the year. We ask that all parishioners sign up to do coffee hour once per quarter to ensure that we have Fellowship for our parishioners and hospitality for our guests. Thank you so all who have already signed up! Click here to sign up.
- Our choir needs new members. If you have musical abilities and have considered joining the choir, this would be a great time to do it. Joining the choir is a commitment and has certain requirements, so please talk with choir director Nadia Temple to see if this will work for you!!
You can save this date! Next year's camping trip will be Thursday May 31-Sunday June 3 and will again be held at the Our Lady of Kazan Church site in Guerneville. Programs/meals will officially begin Friday night June 1. Camping space will again be limited to 40, with option to stay off site if desired. This is again the weekend after Pentecost.
- Each Saturday at 4pm Father Martin holds a spiritual talk in the church hall. Each Wednesday night at 7pm the Akathist Hymn to the Mother of God 'Pantanassa' will be served to pray for all those suffering from cancer.
- You are welcome to stay at fellowship hour as long as you like but please, if you are the last to leave on Sundays please make sure that the side gate on Beemer Ave is locked. Thank you.