- This week there will be Compline with the reading of the Canon of Saint Andrew of Crete Monday through Thursday at 6pm. Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts will be served Wednesday morning at 7am and Friday Evening at 6pm. There will be Divine Liturgy for St. Theodore the Recruit Saturday morning at 9am.
- Next Sunday we will have a collection as requested by Vladika KYRILL for the Holy Trinity Seminary in Jordanville.
- Please note that the 2017-2018 subscription period for prosphora has ended. Next Sunday there will be a new list at the candlestand of current subscribers for 2018-2019. If you would like to get prosphora for the upcoming year, please make your payment of 100$ per prosphora to the treasurer to begin your subscription. Thank you.
- Please save this date! A Lenten Pilgrimage to San Francisco will take place on Saturday March 10th. All ages welcome. Plans include visits to both the Old and New Cathedrals as well as to St Tikhon's to see where St John of Shanghai and San Francisco served and worked and to venerate his relics. More details will be forthcoming!
- We have scheduled our first work day with Sunnyvale Community Services. This organization does a lot to help the homeless and poor in our community. So far, we have two people who will be working on Wednesday, Feb 28th from 7:30am to 11:00am doing food distributions. If you would like to help us in this good work, please let Fr Martin know. This will be an on-going community service, so if you can't make it this month, let us know if you would like to participate at a future time.
- LADIES OF THE PARISH - mark your calendars for Saturday, March 17th, 11:30am to 2:30pm for the Ladies' Lenten Retreat. The retreat will be at Thalia Welch's home, sharing insight and inspiration from the book 'God's Path to Sanity' by Dee Pennock. Fr Martin is recommending this book for our study and discussion - it is an approachable guide toward the teachings of the holy fathers of the Orthodox Church on the nature and the healing of the soul. The book can be ordered through Amazon or Ancient Faith Publishing... best to order it soon so you have time to read and digest it before our retreat. We will enjoy a potluck Lenten lunch as well.
- Please sign up to host Fellowship for the first quarter of the year. We ask that all parishioners sign up to do coffee hour once per quarter to ensure that we have Fellowship for our parishioners and hospitality for our guests. Thank you so all who have already signed up! Click here to sign up.
- Our choir needs new members. If you have musical abilities and have considered joining the choir, this would be a great time to do it. Joining the choir is a commitment and has certain requirements, so please talk with choir director Nadia Temple to see if this will work for you!!
You can save this date! Next year's camping trip will be Thursday May 31-Sunday June 3 and will again be held at the Our Lady of Kazan Church site in Guerneville. Programs/meals will officially begin Friday night June 1. Camping space will again be limited to 40, with option to stay off site if desired. This is again the weekend after Pentecost.
- Each Saturday at 4pm Father Martin holds a spiritual talk in the church hall. Each Wednesday night at 7pm the Akathist Hymn to the Mother of God 'Pantanassa' will be served to pray for all those suffering from cancer.
- You are welcome to stay at fellowship hour as long as you like but please, if you are the last to leave on Sundays please make sure that the side gate on Beemer Ave is locked. Thank you.