- This week there will be services for the Holy Apostle Andrew. Tuesday evening there will be Vigil at 6:00pm and Wednesday morning there will be Divine Liturgy at 7:00am.
- On Saturday December 16th, from 4-5:30 pm, there will be a Saint Nicholas Party for the children (10 and under) of our parish. There will be treats and activities for the children, including learning about the life of St. Nicholas. The party will be held in the church hall. Please RSVP to Max or Chrissy Nielepko if your children will attend.
- On Saturday December 23 at 5pm there will be a Panikhida for the departed servant of God Robin Barnabus Welch on the one year anniversary of his repose. The following week, on Wednesday December 27th at 11am there will be a Panikhida for the departed handmaiden of God Tamara Zaharek on the one year anniversary of her repose.
- Mark your calendars! Monday, December 25th is our parish feast day… honoring our beloved heavenly intercessor - St Herman of Alaska! All should plan to be present on this important day and ready to greet the Archbishop when he arrives at 9:30am. We have so much to be thankful for at St Herman’s… let us show our gratitude to both St Herman and to our Archbishop KYRILL for all their prayers and blessings by arranging our schedules to attend our feast day celebrations. We need helpers to prepare our festal meal which will take place at St Mark’s Lutheran Church following the Liturgy. Please reach out to Natalie Kalousek to coordinate on how you can help… we need assistance preparing dishes, serving, cleaning, etc. Let’s all pitch in to make this day a success!"
The link to sign up to help with the meal is now live. Please consider what you can do to help out and sign up using this link.
- The electronic sign up for the fourth quarter of the year is now live and can be accessed here. We ask that parishioners host Fellowship Hour once per quarter or four times per year in order to ensure weekly fellowship as a church family as well as providing hospitality for our guests. A list of Fellowship Hour responsibilities may be found here.
- Our choir needs new members. If you have musical abilities and have considered joining the choir, this would be a great time to do it. Joining the choir is a commitment and has certain requirements, so please talk with choir director Nadia Temple to see if this will work for you!!
- You can save this date! Next year's camping trip will be Thursday May 31-Sunday June 3 and will again be held at the Our Lady of Kazan Church site in Guerneville. Programs/meals will officially begin Friday night June 1. Camping space will again be limited to 40, with option to stay off site if desired. This is again the weekend after Pentecost.
- 2018 Wall Calendars will arrive this week! Membership dues include one wall calendar per family at no charge. Please be sure to check in at the candlestand to have your name checked off. Additional calendars and calendars for non members are $5 and are available at the candlestand.
- Each Saturday at 4pm Father Martin holds a spiritual talk in the church hall. Each Wednesday night at 7pm the Akathist Hymn to the Mother of God 'Pantanassa' will be served to pray for all those suffering from cancer.
- You are welcome to stay at fellowship hour as long as you like but please, if you are the last to leave on Sundays please make sure that the side gate on Beemer Ave is locked. Thank you.